Your Venus Factor Questions Answered
The Venus Factor and it’s premium version Venus Immersion, is one of the few weight loss programs created especially for women. It’s designed to re-balance the hormones responsible for weight gain. As we get older, these hormones get progressively more out of balance and we start to notice the weight creeping on round our thighs, butt and stomachs. Worse news for those of us with families is that having children makes the problem even worse.
Most diets are actually designed for men’s bodies. That’s one of the main reasons why women find it so difficult to lose weight and keep it off. Hormonally and metabolically, women’s bodies behave differently to men’s. The Venus Factor is a 12 week weight loss plan which has been specifically designed to re-balance the hormones responsible for appetite and weight gain.
In addition to dietary advice, it includes a detailed exercise program tailored specifically for women. The Venus Factor workout program has been specially designed so you can do it at home if you prefer not to go to the gym. That’s good news for most of my friends who don’t like showing off their wobbly bits in public!
This program includes membership of an exclusive website of Venus members who will help and support you through your weight loss journey. If you would like an even more personalized approach, there is a gold version of the Venus Factor, in the form of Venus Immersion – read more about Immersion here.
How does the Venus Factor help you lose weight?
Your weight is not your fault. Whether our bodies choose to burn or store fat is controlled by our sensitivity to a hormone called Leptin. As we get older, and especially after having children, women’s bodies naturally become more resistant to Leptin. And when this happens we stop burning fat and start storing it instead.
The key to the Venus Factor method of weight loss is that it has been created specifically to reverse Leptin resistance in women. It does this by using a combination of dietary changes and a 12 week exercise plan specifically designed for the female body.
The diet plan or “12 week undulating metabolic override program” has been designed for women by renowned fitness expert, John Barban, to re-train our body’s metabolism and balance leptin levels. This means that our bodies will naturally start to burn fat, lose weight and look toned and fit. It involves eating different numbers of calories on different days. To help you with this, the program includes a Virtual Nutritionist software program that calculates what balance of foods you should be eating each day over the course of each week.
One of the best things about Venus Factor system is that the leptin diet is built around your current lifestyle. You may have social engagements, business lunches or just need to fit in with the people around you. A daily plan can be too difficult to organize, it’s much easier to “win the week”.
The other encouraging thing about this weight loss plan is that as you progress throughout the program, your leaner body will get better at metabolizing the food you eat, so you will find that the Virtual Nutritionist software will end up telling you to eat more calories not less!
The exercise program is designed to tone up our “problem” areas so that as the fat melts away, our naturally shapely body is revealed. When you buy the program, there is also an optional extra module you can take to help you do more specific shaping of your butt, stomach and lift your bust. This “Final Phase” workout takes you from looking like you’ve lost weight, to looking simply amazing.
Many women prefer to have some support as they go through a weight loss program. One of the extra benefits of this fat loss system is membership of an online community which motivates, supports and helps to answer any questions that you may have.
Is it easy to follow?
Yes, it is. Once you’ve joined the program, you are sent the username and password to allow you to log into the Venus Index website. Inside the members area there are videos to help you get started. There is also a Venus Factor 101 pdf that tells you, (with useful, highlighted screenshots) how to find and download each part or the program. There are also detailed instructions on how to get involved in the online community and how to find the answers to any questions you might have.
The Venus Factor Virtual Nutritionist software that comes with the program is really easy to use. You need to run the software once a week, input your current measurements, and it will give you the week’s recommendations for calories and protein.
One of the pluses of the Venus Factor diet is that it’s easy to combine to with any special dietary requirements. However, if you need a “done for you” diet solution, then detailed calorie and nutritionally counted meal plans are available for the full 12 week program as an optional extra.
There are instructional “How To” videos to take you through various parts of the program. There are also demonstration videos for each of the exercises in the workouts. As the demo videos are likely to be used by beginners, I would have preferred them to include a short commentary explaining how to do the exercises correctly (and safely) at home. You can download the videos to your phone, so you can check what you’re doing while you exercise.
Is it backed by science?
As Leptin was only discovered in 1995, this diet is based on relatively new scientific findings. Our Simple Guide to Leptin Resistance gives an overview of the problems that leptin resistance causes and explains what you can do to help reduce Leptin resistance yourself. The program’s manual contains much more detailed information.
Does the Venus Factor work?
Yes, it does. All you have to do is to follow the detailed instructions. However, it is not completely effortless as the workout portion of the program requires that you exercise three times a week. Providing you can commit to that, you should see excellent results.
Co-creator Brad Howard has recorded podcasts with many of the women who have transformed their bodies with this program and it’s big sister “Venus Immersion”. If you are a Venus Immersion member, you have access to these podcasts, and can also talk to the ladies in the online community. Find out what the keys to success were for them and learn how they overcame their specific challenges.
Who is it best for?
- Ladies who need to lose more than 10lb. (If you need to lose more than 80lb, you should also check out our Gabriel Method review).
- People who are prepared to do some exercise
- People who would like the support of an online community.
Who should avoid it?
- Men could do the program as the same principles work for everyone, however the Adonis Golden Ratio is the weight loss and body shaping plan designed specifically for men.
- If the thought of exercise is too much for you, then this isn’t the program for you.
- If you need to lose weight quickly, this 12 week program may not be fast enough for you. You should check out some of the fast weight loss options available.
- People who are not in reasonable physical health. If you’re over 40, you should really check with your physician before starting an exercise program.
What do you get?
- A Quick Start Guide
- The Venus Factor 12 week Fat Loss System Manual – detailing the dietary changes which you will be making to re-train your metabolism and lose weight quickly
- The 12 Week Workout System: This booklet details each of the 36 different workouts you will be doing. There is a demonstration videos for each exercise.The workouts can be done at home or in the gym.
- The Venus Factor Virtual Nutritionist: A software program (it’s actually a web page which opens in your browser) that calculates the calorie and protein requirements for your current body measurements.
- The Venus Community: A supportive private online community for Venus Factor members only.
- Optional Free 30 day trial to Venus Immersion, which consists of personal, individual assistance, personalized workouts, extra video lessons and phone apps.
- Calorie counted meal plans are not included in the Venus Factor program. However, there is a full 12 week blueprint of meal plans available as an optional extra. This includes snacks, simple breakfasts, and easy lunch or dinner recipes all designed to work optimally with the Venus Factor. So when you’ve used the Virtual Nutritionist software to work out how many calories you need to eat that day you can just pick a meal plan for that amount of calories.
How much is it?
$37 + Taxes, shipping and handling ($9.95 in the USA)
How is it delivered?
There are 2 parts. Once you’ve bought the Venus Factor, you can download it immediately from the special members site.
In addition, a special membership package is shipped to you.
Is there a guarantee?
Yes, there is a 60 day money back guarantee.
How do I buy The Venus Factor?
You can buy Venus Factor from the official website by clicking here.